Install Theme via WordPress Admin
Note: A common issue that can occur when installing a WordPress themes is “The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.” error message being displayed when uploading or activating the theme.
One of the reasons you may receive this error is if you have uploaded the incorrect file. You have 2 options for downloading your theme.
- Installable WordPress file only
- All files and documentation (full zip folder). You will need to extract and locate the installable WordPress file.
Make sure WordPress Is Up To Date
Please make sure WordPress is fully up to date before installing the theme! You should always be running the latest version of WordPress, because otherwise you put your whole site at risk for potential threats. Never use an outdated version of WordPress!
Upload the installable WordPress theme file
- Log in to your WordPress admin area.
- Browse to Appearance → Themes
- Click on Add New
- Click Upload Theme
- Browse and select the theme zip file to Upload
- Now click on Install Now button
- Once WordPress has unpacked and installed the theme, just click on Activate
- After activation of the theme, Require and Recommended plugin installation alert message will appear, Just click on the begin installing plugins and select Thimfy Plugin to complete the installation process by installing require Thimfy Plugin. You can also select recommendaed plugin if you want to use them.